5 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

End o' week musings

To contact us Click HERE




















Yeah, yeah, I missed last Friday, but we'll get to that....







Happy May the 4th Be With You Day!




















The week of the 23rd was filled with lots of coolness. I interviewed Joakim of Sabaton, Herman of DragonForce and made an appearance on "Media Mashup" on Pasadena community access television and the Internet. I met Tracy G for dinner and a chat to catch up on the years and a hula'd my heart out.




Last Friday I participated with Ad Hoc Consort in the children's educational outreach day at the Renaissance Pleasure Faire. I danced five sets! But it was sooo worth it, as the kids learned about our instruments and enjoyed the shows. Hopefully we inspired some future entertainers and maybe got them to research more into music and dance of the past.





Saturday was the 25th Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Parade. I got to ride in Andre's awesome jitney (like a trolley car on wheels) before the parade started and then jumped out to serve as a commentator with Erick Galindo and Dean Lee for two live webcasts. If you missed the biggest party in Pasadena, you can still see the fun at:




http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ and http://www.doodahlive.com/








Sunday I was back to Ren Faire. I was pooped.. I know because my band director told me to sit for our last set and just play-- no dancing. I'm glad he did. I was more tired than I realized and hit the pillow hard and early that night.






Monday I met singer/songwriter Larry McZeal at the Coffee Gallery in Altadena for an interview. Try any of the wonderful iced coffees there if you need to refresh yourself-- Larry suggested a blend of hazelnut and caramel added to mine and it was yummy!







Tuesday night I went with Vernor to see "The Raven." I thought it was fantastic, although I wouldn't recommend it to my easily queasy friends because of the gore. But read Vernor's review at www.insidesocal.com/vernorsticket and make up your own mind. Also check out Vernor's movie reviews each month at http://www.dabelly.com/ His latest should be update before the weekend is out.




Wednesday I chatted with Kim and Richard of Esotouric about their "Pasadena Confidential" crime bus tour. It's one of my favorites- http://www.esotouric.com/ and then I went to the Theatre @ Boston Court Performing Arts Center ( http://www.bostoncourt.com/ ) to interview the puppets (yes, you read that right) performing in its next show, "The Children." The puppets, Ben and Lily, were very sweet and quite interesting... did you know their father was a sock puppet?!



















Thursday was Dengue Fever day, not the illness, but the band. I sooo dig their Cambodian pop/rock grooves and enjoyed speaking with lead guitarist/singer Zac Holtzman about how life has changed for them over the years.







This weekend more Faire and then DragonForce in concert next Friday- woo hoo!! I'm also considering going to the black metal concert with Negura Bunget (www.negurabunget.com ) headlining at the Norwalk/Whittier Moose Lodge on Wednesday. For info, read my story at http://www.sgvn.com/








In rotation: Terrible Things, Tracy G Group, Larry McZeal & the Late Nights, Sabaton, DragonForce, Dengue Fever and Negura Baghat.





Photos we got 'em: Pix of my friend Daryl and I meeting Zakk Wylde at the Grammy Museum the other week, a photo by Watchara Phomicinda of me on the job at the Doo Dah Parade, me hanging out with the cast of "Dark Shadows" in the movie theater lobby and a happy pet pic.





Thought o' the week: Walk it off. I get really upset when people say something they don't mean. Without getting too into details, I got a phone call yesterday from a family member that just set me off. I told my podmate about what had happened and my boss heard me and told me to take a break and go for a walk. She was right-- a little air and sunsine helped me put things in a better perspective and eased me back into work nicely.





I often tout exercise as a key part of mental health, but sometimes I need to be reminded to follow my own advice. A walk is a great way to let off some steam, as is a bicycle ride, a run, a swim, etc. It is so much better for you to take your anger and frustration and meld it into something healthy. Usually I clean house-- OK laugh, but it works... So next time you feel your internal heat rising, don't let it get the best of you, walk it off.





Keep on rockin'

Mickie























Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder